The Hermanos Macehual Alumni Association Scholarship is an achievement, service, and need based scholarship that will be awarded to five selected students attending UC Davis or Sacramento State University in the Fall of 2017. Each HMAA Scholarship will total the amount of $1,000 and will be distributed throughout the academic year.“Da La Mano a Tu Hermano(a)”
- Application must be submitted by 11:59 PM on October 1, 2017
- Must be admitted to and enrolled full time (12 units or more) at UC Davis or Sacramento State for Fall 2017
- Must turn in a completed application along with all supporting documents
- Must have a minimum 2.0 GPA
- Must meet low income standards as they appear on 2017 Federal Low Income Guidelines
- Must be committed to using their degree, once completed, to work within Latino/Indigenous or low income communities.
- Must be either an AB 540 student attending UC Davis or Sacramento State University, a first year undergraduate student, an incoming transfer student, or an active Macehual undergraduate member.
- An unofficial high school or unofficial college transcript
- Two letters of recommendation (from an instructor/teacher, supervisor from employment or volunteer activity, counselor/mentor, social workers, or anyone qualified to write about your values, work ethic, accomplishments, maturity, and potential for improving the conditions of under served communities) Letters of recommendation should not be from family members.
- Must send verification of full time enrollment (12 units or more) and your student id number by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before November 15th.
- Must co-chair (along with the other recipients of this award) and create/participate in a community service project in the amount of 15 hours over the first two quarters. The experience must be presented via social media and shown at the Hermanos Macehual Banquet the year awarded.
Application Submission Process
- Click the Submit button to begin. As the first step of the process (under CREATE YOUR USER ACCOUNT) you will create a free Submittable account
- Log in and complete the online application form
- Attach an unofficial transcript
- Attach two (2) letters of recommendation
- You do not have to complete the application in one session but you must submit before the deadline
- You will receive an email confirmation within the hour once you have submitted your application
If you have any questions on the scholarship or submission process, please send them to email@example.com